Amantani it is an island located in the middle of lake titicaca, not very touristy. there are 800 families that live there approx. distributed in 10 communities.
The occupation of the island goes back to pre-Inca times. their life is based in agricultural activity. tourism for this culture is a new economical activity, families give to the tourists a room and meals, so they can experience the way of living.
- Pick up from the hotel, visiting of the Uros The floating islands. (Optional reed canoe trip)
- Keep going to Amantani 3 hrs.
- Lunch in the family house.
- Walk to the top of the mountain. (Optional)
- Next day to Taquile 1 hrs trip to there.
- Walk to the plaza.
- See the textile exhibition.
- Come back to puno